After we finish “Iron Jawed Angels”, please answer these questions:
1. Why do you think Emily Leighton (the Senator’s wife) was reluctant to participate in the women’s movement at first?
2. What do you think changed her mind?
3. Is there any cause you feel strongly enough about that you would volunteer your time or publicly protest?
4. Do you ever wish you were the opposite gender? Why or why not?
5. (Alice to Lucy talking about relationships) “When you’re alone, you can make any choice you want. But when you love someone, you lose that choice.” What does this quote tell you about Alice Paul’s personality?
6. Would you recommend this movie to other U.S. History students? Why or why not?
200+ words total. (My questions + your answers). Spellcheck and add a relelvant photo.