For today’s kickoff, you will use the stock research handout to look for information on 3 major oil companies.
Go to Yahoo! finance to look up Chevron, Exxon Mobil and British Petroleum. After you finish researching the three stocks, answer these questions.
1. Which company is closest to it’s 52 high?
2. Which company is the largest – in terms of market capitalization?
3. Which company has the highest earnings per share and the most attractive P/E ratio?
4. Which company has the highest profit margin?
5. Which company’s book value is closest to it’s current price?
6. If you had to pick one of these companies to buy, which would you choose, and why? (Give at least two reasons.)
Next, go to smartstocks.com and sign in.
Buy 1,000 shares of the stock you choose in #6 above. (You should now have at least 12 stocks in your portfolio.)
Don’t forget to add a relevant photo to your blog post.