After we finish “Inside Job“, you will interview one (or both) of your parents about their experience during the financial crisis of 2008-09 and its aftermath.
*Copy/paste these questions to a new blog post. Please remember to put your responses in bold. Thanks.
1. Were you affected by the financial crisis? How?
2. Were any other extended family members, or close friends, affected? How?
3. Are you aware of the factors that lead to the financial crisis? What do you think they were?
4. Do you think the government should have spent $700 billion to bail out failing financial institutions during the crisis in September 2008? Why or why not?
5. Do you think the government should have spent $1 trillion on the 2009 stimulus package to provide jobs and economic aid to Americans? Why or why not?
6. Has the financial crisis changed your opinion of Wall Street investment banks? If so, how?
7. Has the financial crisis changed your opinion of politicians in Washington, DC? If os, how?
8. What is your general outlook on the U.S. economy now – do you feel optimistic or pessimistic? Why?
9. Does it bother you that, still to this day, no person or financial firm has been held accountable for the financial crisis of 08-09? Why or why not?
Due date: this post should be completed and published on your WordPress blog by Friday, Feb 22 (end of day)