I’m posting links to these episodes for those students who would like to watch/read more relating to our class discussions about terrorism, Middle East religion and politics, and the role of the United States in the region and the war in Iraq. These 6 episodes (broadcast over the past 3 years) cover from the pre-invasion planning in early 2003 to the current debate about what the U.S. should do about our presence in Iraq and the Middle East.
1. This episode examines – in hindsight – the questions surrounding the preparation (or lack thereof) the United States completed before invading Iraq.
2. This episode looks back at some of the critical mistakes that were made during the first year of the Iraq war.
3. This episode discusses how Al Qaeda has targeted Europe since the Iraq invasion.
4. Frontline interviews insurgents in Iraq.
5. This episode is about the resurgence of the Taliban in Afghanistan and areas of Pakistan over the past 2 years.
6. What should the United States do now?